Foreign investment in the US real estate market is higher than ever! With such an increase in investment by foreigners comes questions and concerns that may not have otherwise been brought up in transactions with only American citizens.
Fortunately, the publication Mansion Global has compiled a list of 5 tips for foreign buyers to know:
- Foreigners can borrow in the US and buy a home
- Buyers don't pay out of pocket for a real estate agent; it comes from the sale of the house
- You may have to disclose your identity
- You will need to pay annual taxes on your property
- Some apartments require additional fees